2013 Mazda CX-9: The largest member of Mazda's wagon train will arrive later this year or in early 2013 largely unchanged, with the exception of sophisticated front-end update. The Ford-based 273-horsepower 3.7-litre V6 and six-speed automatic transmission will carry over; however, it's suspected that Mazda's engine magicians might have found a way to eke out a bit more distance per litre of fuel.
- Starting in 1934, before automated crash simulators, General Motors used actual drivers who would leap from their vehicles before ramming them into barriers.
- A 2002 TV Guide ranked My Mother The Car (1965-'66) as the second worst program ever, topped only by The Jerry Springer Show.
Who am I?
To guess his secret identity, read the following clues!
1. He was Born in Belgium on Christmas Day in 1909.
2. In his early years he lived in Russia and Germany and obtained a degree in engineering in 1934.
3. He envisioned the Corvette as a performance, youth-oriented machine.
4. He lobbied for the Corvette to gain V8 power.
5. He also created Rochester fuel injection and developed a special racing version of the Corvette called the Grand Sport.
His name is Zora Arkus-Duntov, and although the Corvette was not his idea, he helped develop it into the performance icon it is today.