Honda Urban SUV concept: It seems that small and tall wagons are becoming quite fashionable (check out the Buick Enclave, for example) and Honda clearly wants in on the action. Its Urban SUV prototype is likely planned for production sometime in 2014, it will slot beneath the CR-V in Honda's wagon hierarchy and share the same platform as the next-generation sub-compact Fit. There's no word on powerplant yet, but the name "Urban" suggests that a gas-electric system borrowed from the Civic Hybrid or CRZ Hybrid could be installed.
- The world's first traffic light was installed near London, England's Houses of Parliament in 1868 to control the flow of horse-drawn carriages. The gas-lit signals were manually controlled by a police constable.
- The Packard Motor Car Company was the first to offer air conditioning in an automobile and charged $274 for this option . . . in 1939.
Who am I?
1. He earned a math degree with a minor in physics and was immediately hired as a Ford engineer in charge of car assembly and tooling.
2. Eventually, he got into building racing engines.
3. Despite being in a plane crash, he still loves to fly. He has even owned several Second World War fighter aircraft.
4. He is one of NASCAR's biggest team owners and around the garage is known as the "Cat in the Hat."
Today, (Jack) Roush Industries employs hundreds of people. He has built a fortune worth more than $1 billion.