Eight Whalley residents were burned out of their rental home on Monday night, but no one was injured.
Surrey firefighters suspect the fire was accidental, but have yet to pinpoint its cause, Deputy Fire Chief John Caviglia said.
The small rancher, at 13723 97A Ave., was gutted.
Emergency services have provided the eight adults with a temporary place to stay.
"They were taken care of, but that only lasts for a few days," Caviglia said.
Mike Franklin, who lives in a small trailer on the front lawn, said he was rolling through a nearby trail on his bike when help arrived.
"I'd seen an ambulance and fire department and I go, 'Oh no, what now,' right? Cause stuff has happened here before," he said.
"Someone said it was wiring, but I don't know for sure."
The house was gutted.
"It's pretty bad in there."
© Copyright 2013