- Keep a safe distance between you and the vehicle in front of you in case you have to brake suddenly on a slippery surface.
- Get your vehicle winter-ready with a maintenance check-up.
- Make sure you have sufficient windshield washer fluid in the reservoir and keep an extra jug in the vehicle.
- Clear snow and ice from all windows, lights, mirrors, and the roof.
- Install winter tires before winter begins. Winter tires are often not available later in the season.
- Remember to check tire air pressure as it decreases in cold weather.
- Prepare a winter survival kit for your vehicle. Having essential supplies can provide some comfort and safety for you and your passengers should you become stranded.